Sunday, November 23, 2008

My First Post

It happens to be a movie review.

Today I took three of my kids to see the movie Twilight. My youngest boy had no desire to see that movie. He is holding out for Bolt. Well, my first impression is that it is the perfect 12 year old girl movie. My daughter and her friend just loved it. They are 11. My 14 year old son had no comment. He only went with us since he is grounded and this was the only way out of the house. I will say that the movie did a good job staying with the book, since I read the book. And as with all books turned into film, the book was way better. The film just had a hard time conveying Edward's and Bella's love story. I was just disappointed because I didn't feel the "love" between Edward and Bella like I did in the book. The final fight scene was really good and the villains were good too. Of course, it did leave the ending so that it could continue with the next book (which at this time I have not read) This was one of the few and far between semi adult movies (meaning that it wasn't a cartoon) that I got to see and it did not live up to the hype. So, in short I give it a 2 out of 5 stars, fangs whatever. If you ask my daughter, she will tell you to go see the best movie she has ever seen. She is 11 so forgive her.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Hey, Hanah said it was a good movie. Thanks for taking her with y'all. She had a great time! :)